I’ve just received a newsletter from GearBest entitled “Shop Like a BOSS | Sub-$200 Ultrabooks, Gaming Gear + More” and showing “Jumper Ezbook 2 Ultrabook” laptop powered by an Intel Atom X5-Z8300 quad core processor with 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, and a 14″ 1920×1080 display selling for $189.89 if you click on a customized link (working once) in the newsletter. If you are not subscribed to the newsletter you can still get it for about $195 including shipping on GearBest or GeekBuying, which still seems like a decent deal for the features.
Jumper Ezbook 2 specifications:
- SoC – Intel Atom x5-Z8300 quad core Cherry Trail processor @ 1.44 GHz with Intel HD graphics (2W SDP)
- System memory – 4GB DDR3L
- Storage – 64 GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot up to 128 GB
- Display – 14″ LED display with 1920×1080 resolution
- QWERTY keyboard with touchpad
- Video Output – mini HDMI port
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, microphone, and speakers
- Camera – 1.0 MP webcam
- Connectivity – Dual band 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Battery – 10,000 mAh battery good for around 6 hours of video playback
- Power Supply – 12V/3A
- Dimensions – 34.65 x 22.95 x 1.76 cm
- Weight – 1.18 kilograms
The laptop ins pre-loaded with Windows 10 Home 64-bit. The laptop has been around for a few months, and Tech Tablets has a uploaded a thorough video review of the device.
The review concludes that Jumper is a decent laptop for the price and the 14″ Full HD screen with anti-glare coating, but build quality could be better (especially keyboard), it gets hot while playing games, and USB ports may not be powerful enough to power an external USB drive.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.