Jorjin WS211X is a family of certified dual radio modules combining Sigfox wireless technology thanks to STMicro BlueNRG-1 BLE System-on-Chip (SoC) and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) using STMicro S2-LP sub-1GHz RF transceiver.
Two models are currently available: WS2118-00 certified for Sigfox regions RCZ1 (Europe, Middle East, South Africa) and RCZ3 (Japan), and WS2119-A0 for regions RCZ2 (USA, Mexico, Brazil) and RCZ4 (Australia, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Argentina).
Jorjin’s WS211x specifications:
- Bluetooth LE
- STMicro BlueNRG-1 Arm Cortex M0 @ 16 MHz with 160 kB flash, 24 kB RAM with retention
- Up to +8dBm BLE RF output power
- STMicro S2-LP sub-1GHz transceiver
- WS2118-A0 – Up to +16 dBm sub-1GHz RF output power
- WS2119-A0 – Up to +27dBm sub-1GHz RF output power
- Receiver sensitivity – Up to -88dBm (BLE) and -130dBm (Sub-1GHz).
- Bluetooth LE
- I/Os – 38-pins package.
- Security – STSAFE-A1SX for SIGFOX secure element
- Power Supply – 2.0 to 3.6V
- Dimension – 22mm(L) x 24mm(W) x 2.8mm(H)
- Temperature range – -40 °C to +85 °C
Combining Bluetooth and Sigfox is said to enable firmware update over-the-air, which is not possible with conventional ‘Sigfox-only’ modules, as well as offer the option to modify settings locally over Bluetooth.
An Arduino compatible evaluation board is available for the WS211x modules, and it is also compatible with STMicro Arduino shield boards featuring MEMS motion sensors, environmental sensors, or Time-of-Flight (ToF) ranging sensors. I could not find any details on Jorjin website, but a $84 WS2118 board offered on GroupGet, which also links to some documentation.
Jorjin also provides An SDK enabling customers to develop applications using WS211x modules with ST’s sensor shield boards, as well as an AT command list facilitating customers test of the modules’ BLE and Sigfox functions.