GIGABYTE introduced GA-SBCAP3350 Apollo Lake SBC powered by an Intel Celeron N3350 dual core processor las year. The board came without any soldered memory nor storage, instead relying on a SO-DIMM slot, two SATA connectors, and/or an mSATA socket.
The company has now launched a second Apollo Lake single board computer – GA-SBCAP3450 – with very similar specifications, except the processor has been upgraded to a Celeron N3450 quad core processor.
GIGABYTE GA-SBCAP3450 SBC specifications:
- SoC – Intel Celeron N3450 quad core processor @ 1.1 GHz/ 2.2 GHz with 12 EU Intel HD graphics 500 @ 200 MHz / 700 MHz (6W TDP)
- System Memory – 1x SO-DIMM socket for up to 8GB DDR3L 1333/1600/1866 MHz
- Storage – 2x SATA 6Gb/s connectors, 1x MSATA connector (MSATA_MPCIE2), 2x 64Mbit flash for AMI UEFI BIOS supporting PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
- Video Output
- 1x HDMI 1.4 ports up to 4K @ 30 Hz
- 1x VGA (D-Sub) up to 1920×1200 @ 60 Hz
- 1x LVDS header, 1x flat panel header, 1x backlight switch header
- Audio – HDMI out, headphone + microphone combo jack, 1x speaker header, 1x volume control header; Realtek ALC255 2-channel HD audio codec
- Connectivity – 2x Gigabit Ethernet (Realtek chip)
- USB – 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1 type A ports, 4x USB 2.0/1.1 via two internal headers
- Other Expansion
- 1x half size Mini PCIe slot (MPCIE1)
- 4x serial port headers + 4x serial port power select jumpers
- 1x LPT/GPIO header and 1x LPT configuration header
- 1x I2C, 1x SMBUS
- Misc – 1x system fan, 1x front panel header, 1x battery cable header, 1x buzzer header, 1x BIOS select jumper, 1x clear CMOS jumper, 1x chassis intrusion header, H/W monitoring for voltage, temperature, fan speed control & detection, etc…
- Power Supply – Wide range 9~36V DC in connector
- Dimensions – 14.6 x 10.2 cm
The SBC comes with an integrated SoC heat spreader to help transfer the SOC’s heat from its die surface and keep everything cool. The company provides drivers with Windows 10 64-bit on the product page, and should you be able to run Linux too, but you’d be on your own, since the company advise to use drivers from chipset vendors or third parties.
I could not find the new GA-SBCAP3450 SBC for sale yet, but for reference the dual core GA-SBCAP3350 version is offered for 185 Euros including VAT in Europe. The quad core board should just be a few Euros more. Considering ~20% VAT, that would convert to around $180 without tax. You’d also need to consider memory, storage, power supply, and potentially the enclosure to get an idea of the price for a full system.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|