Systems with the latest low power Intel Braswell processors are starting to hit the shelves, and after ASRock Beebox, some Braswell laptops, Intel Braswell NUCs, and some ASRock motherboards, here’s another Braswell mini PC with Gigabyte BRIX GB-BACE-3000 based on Intel Celeron N3000 dual core processor.
- SoC – Intel Celeron N3000 dual core processor up to 2.08GHz with Intel Gen8 HD Graphics (4W TDP)
- System Memory – 1x SO-DIMM DDR3L 1.35V slot @ 1066/1333/1600 MHz up to 8GB RAM
- Storage – 2.5” thickness 7.0/9.5mm Hard Drives (1 x 6Gbps SATA3), 1 x Micro SD card slot
- Video Output
- HDMI up to 3840×2160 @ 30 Hz
- VGA up to 1920×1200 @ 60 Hz
- Audio – Realtek ALC255 audio codec, 1x Audio-out / Mic-In, HDMI
- Connectivity – Gigabit LAN (Realtek RTL8111H), Wi-Fi 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0 (M.2 module)
- USB – 2 x USB 3.0 ports (front panel), 2 x USB 3.0 ports (rear panel)
- Expansion – 1 x PCIe M.2 NGFF 2230 A-E key slot occupied by the WiFi+BT card
- Misc – Kensington lock slot
- Power Supply – 19V / 2.1A
- Dimension – Enclosure: 56.1 mm x 107.6 mm x 114.4 mm; Motherboard: 100 x 105 mm
- Temperature Range – Operating : 0°C to +35°C; Storage: -20°C to +60°C
The mini PC kit also includes VESA bracket for 75×75 and 100x100mm systems, and the company claims support for Windows 7 and 8.1 64-bit, but as we’ve previously seen Linux distributions should also run on such hardware.
The company has not released pricing nor availability information so far, but considering Intel NUC with Celeron N3050 processor sells for less than $140, Gigabyte BRIX GB-BACE-3000 will also be in that price range or slightly lower. You’ll just need to add an hard drive or SSD and memory as needed.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
But should one just be patient and wait for the Skylake version in 6-9 months time?