LCDIS, a French company specialized in embedded & display solutions, has been working on a carrier board for Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3+ designed to drive displays used in industrial applications such as digital signage and HMI.
For that purpose, CM3 PLAYER exposes LVDS, backlight, and MIPI DSI connectors, as well as Ethernet, four USB ports, and over I/Os.
CM3 PLAYER specifications:
- Compute Module – Supports CM3 with built-in eMMC or external SD card
- Storage – 2x microSD card slots, one for data, one for OS
- Display I/F
- Single or dual channel LVDS up to 1920×1080
- MIPI DSI connector
- Camera I/F – MIPI CSI connector
- Audio – 2x 2.5W Class D amplifier, audio line output, speaker output
- Networking – 10/100M Ethernet
- USB – 4 x USB (type A with MOLEX 53261 in parallel)
- Expansion Headers – I2C, SPI, UART, 6x GPIO, buttons (BTNs) headers
- Power Supply – 9-36VDC power input via terminal blocks; Note: some backlight drivers will require 12V, while other require 24V.
- Dimensions – 155 x 80 mm; 4 mounting holes for optional heatsink or fan
- Temperature Range – -20° to +70°C
As you can see from the lack of actual photos, the board has not been produced yet, and the first samples are scheduled for May. The company plans to sell the board with a selection of displays pre-configured for the board and accompanying custom cables.
While the company plans to sell the board as it is, most customers will want to customize it, and LCDIS explained us they plan do so at a very low MOQ, and afforable NRE. Some of the customization may include a second LVDS output, PoE function, battery operation, Ethernet switch, 4G modem support, and more.
You may find out a few more details in the announcement post in the company website.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|