About a year ago we covered MUSTOOL MT8206, an inexpensive 2-in-1 multimeter & oscilloscope, and today we noticed another product from the company on Banggood.
MUSTOOL MT99 is yet another cheap digital true RMS multimeter, but what’s different is the form factor. The tool looks like a smartphone and as such is more portable than competing multimeters.
MUSTOOL MT99 specifications:
- Display – 3.5″ EBTN LCD with 3-line for voltage, frequency and analog bar…
- DC voltage – 0.5 to 600V/0.1V ±(0.8%+3); input impedance: 10M Ohm
- AC Voltage – 1V to 600V/0.1V ±(1.2%+5); input impedance: 10M Ohm
- Resistance – 1Ω-10MΩ (1.2%+3); overload protection 250V AC/DC
- 0.5 uF to 1000uF/0.1uF (3.5%+8)
- Up tp 6000uF/1uF (4.5%+10)
- Overload protection 250V AC/DC
- Frequency – 10Hz-1000Hz (2%+10); RMS above 1V AC
- Automatically identify diode and continuity
- Maximum display value – 9999
- Live/neutral wire check
- Data hold, automatic power off
- Automatic shutdown
- Portable hanging hole
- Single button to start smart identification function
- Back flashlight
- V~alert: dangerous voltage alarm (NCV – non-contact voltage detection)
- Undervoltage warning
- Power Supply – 2x 3V CR2032 batteries
- Dimensions – 1.2 cm thick
The multimeter ships with test leads, a user manual, and a plastic “necklace”. The test leads apparently come with caps so that you can keep the multimeter in your pocket without tearing it. Somehow the page on banggood has 150 reviews despite the multimeter being on pre-order, but they do look genuine with photos included, so maybe it’s just pre-orders for another batch. I could not however find any review of MUSTOOL MT99, but it’s an upgrade to the previous model MUSTOOL MT77, which adds diode and capacitance measurements, faster measurements, and a different resistance range (MT77 was limited to 6 KOhms). You can checkout MT77 in the video below.
If you’re interested in MUSTOOL MT99 smartphone-shaped multimeter, you’ll find it for $13.99 on Banggood.