STMicro announced the availability of their first wireless STM32 MCU last year with STM32WB55 Bluetooth 5.0 and 802.15.4 Cortex-M4/M0+ microcontroller together with P-NUCLEO-WB55 Development Pack.
A company called Reclaimer Labs has now designed a Feather-compatible board with the wireless MCU, more specifically STM32WBCGU6, and simply called STM32WB Feather board.
STM32WB Feather Board specifications:
- Wireless MCU – STMicro STM32WB55CG Bluetooth SoC with Arm Cortex-M4 application core, Arm Cortex-M0+ Bluetooth co-processor, 1 MB Flash storage, 256 KB of SRAM, USB ROM Bootloader
- Storage – 128 Mbit SPI NOR Flash memory
- Bluetooth antennas – On-board chip antenna, u.Fl connector for external antenna
- Expansion – 16-pin + 12-pin unpopulated headers with 6x analog input pins
UART, I2C, SPI, and 7x GPIO pins
- Debugging – Standard SWD debug connector
- Misc – User button and LED, 32.768 kHz crystal for LSE/RTC
- Power Supply
- 5V via micro USB port
- 2-pin battery header, LiPo battery charger
- Dimensions – Adafruit feather form factor
The board can be programmed with STM32CubeProgrammer, and the company provides an example project using the STM32CubeIDE which presents a Bluetooth device named “WB-Feather” with GATT Characteristics for ADC readings of the analog inputs, internal temperature, reference voltage, and several GPIOs. The link to the code sample together with the schematics can be found on the product page.
STM32 Feather Board can be purchased on Tindie for $45.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|