If you’ve never heard about a “half mini-ITX” motherboard, that’s normal, as I don’t think it’s actually a thing. At least until now, as ECS GLKD-HTI is an Intel Gemini Lake motherboard that’s half the size of a standard mini-ITX motherboard.
The board still comes with the usual HDMI, DisplayPort, USB and Ethernet ports, as well as a SODIMM slot for DDR4-2133 memory, an M.2 socket for 2280 SATA SSDs, as well as a SATA 3.0 port.
- SoC – Choice of Intel Gemini Lake processors with Intel UHD 600 graphics
- System Memory – 1x DDR4 SO-DIMM socket for up to 8GB DDR4 2133 non-ECC memory
- 1x M.2 slot for SSD for 2280 single side SATA SSD
- 1x SATA 3.0 6Gbps connector
128 MB SPI Flash for AMI BIOS / UEFI
- Video Output –
- HDMI 1.4a up to 1920×1200
- 1x LVDS connector
- 2x Audio jacks (Line Out, Mic In)
- 1x Speaker header
- 1x front panel MIC/speaker out header
- Realtek ALC662 audio CODEC
- 6-channel DAC supports 16/20/24-bit PCM format for 5.1 channel audio solution
- Voice Cancellation and Key Shifting in Karaoke mode
- Compatible with Direct Sound 3D, A3D, I3DL2, ALC 105
- Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) via Realtek 8111H Ethernet controller
- Optional WiFi and/or Bluetooth via M.2 card
- USB – 4x USB 3.0 ports, (Note: 3x USB 2.0 ports are also shown in the specs, but it must be a mistake, or they are available through headers)
- 1x M.2 slot for SSD
- 1x M.2 slot for WiFi/BT PCIe Gen 2
- Misc – 1x 3-pin CPU_FAN connector, 1x Front Panel switch/LED header, 1x Serial port header (COM)
- Power Supply – 12V DC via DC jack
- Dimensions – 170 x 85 mm (half mini-ITX form factor)
There’s no word about availability and pricing at this stage. More details may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.