I’m not sure who needs this, but if you’d like a USB-C hub with a QWERTY keyboard and a good variety of ports, you’ll be glad QGeeM Keyboard and USB-C hub/dock station exists.
The device comes with one HDMI port, one VGA D-Sub connector, 3x USB 3.0 ports, a memory card reader, an RJ45 port for Ethernet, an audio jack, and USB-C port with USB-C PD 3.0 support up to 100W. This may look like a keyboard PC, but nope, it’s just a USB-C hub that happens to have a built-in keyboard.
QGeeM Keyboard and USB-C hub key features:
- Storage – MicroSD and full-size SD/SDXC card readers (multiplexed) up to 2TB
- Video Output
- HDMI 1.4 port up to 4Kp30, VGA D-Sub connector up to 1920×1080 @ 60 Hz
- Dual display setups up to 1080p60 per display
- Mirroring and extended display modes supported
- Audio -3.5mm audio AUX jack
- Networking – Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- 3x USB 3.0 ports for data transfer (5Gbps)
- 1x USB-C port
- 1x 100W capable USB-C PD port
- User input – QWERTY keyboard
- Power – Note external power may be needed to be able to use all the ports.
- Dimensions – 287 x 151 x 18mm (aluminum allow enclosure)
- Weight – 459 grams
The USB-C hub keyboard ships with a user manual and a USB-C cable suitable for 100W power input. The accessories will be compatible with laptops and other devices with a Thunderbolt 3.0 or USB-C port with DisplayPort Alt Mode.
I just found it on Banggood for around $100, but the keyboard has been around for a while, and there are also some reviews on Amazon where I can see who may need this. Some people carry around multiple USB adapters for networks, for extra USB ports, video output, and/or card readers. So it’s a more compact solution, albeit still a bit heavy. Reviews are rather positive with one downside being the keyboard does not feel that great to type on, the arrow keys are quite close to each other.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.