Android 2.3.4 Release For ST Ericsson Snowball Development Board
Igloo Community – the team developing for ST Ericsson Snowball Nova A9500 development board – has released the first version of Android 2.3.4 for the board. It can be downloaded at http://igloocommunity.org/download/android/images/20110910/.
- Based on Android 2.3.4
- HDMI/DVI-D display support
- Graphics acceleration with the Mali 400 GPU
- Bluetooth support
- Multimedia acceleration
- Ethernet connectivity
- microSD card support
- Sensors support
- ADB over ethernet (by default) and over USB OTG port
and the Known issues:
- WLAN connectivity is disabled in the UI due to startup problems with the interface.
- Audio recording does not work
- Consecutive audio playback might not work
- Potrait mode does not work (rotating the device corrupts screen until rotated back)
- Might be a temporary problem, but the browser crashes on the default google page when loading finishes. Other pages seem to work fine, so interrupting loading or going through the search acts as a work-around.
- The phone app crashes (no modem support)
GPS support is planned for inclusion in future release.
The flashing instructions are available at http://www.igloocommunity.org/support/Flashing_howto