4 different development kits based on this platform can now be purchased online on Calao store:
- SKY-S9500-ULP-C22 (SNOWBALL SDK LITE – Without WLAN/BT/GPS) – 155.73 Euros
- SKY-S9500-ULP-C32 (SNOWBALL PDK LITE – Without WLAN/BT/GPS) – 226.22 Euros
- SKY-S9500-ULP-C12 (SNOWBALL SDK) – 164.59 Euros
- SKY-S9500-ULP-C02 (SNOWBALL PDK) – 241.47 Euros
The differences between the SDK (Software Development Kit) and PDK (Production Development Kit) are that the former has no expansion connectors, no battery backup for RTC and only support serial over USB port (for Linux console). Finally, the PDK has a larger e-MMC (8GB vs. 4GB).
The price mentioned above exclude VAT (if applicable) and shipping costs. Please note that the boards can be shipped to many countries but not anywhere worldwide (e.g. Shipping is not available to Thailand) and you’ll need to allow 7 to 15 days for shipping.
The boards feature the following components:
- ST-Ericsson Nova A9500 @ 1GHz
- 1GB DDR-SDRAM
- 4/8 GB e-MMC
- 1x Micro-SD
- 1x Ethernet 10/100
- 1x USB OTG HS
- 1x USB Debug (Serial Port)
- 1x Serial Port RS-232 (PDK Only)
- 1x HDMI Full HD, 1x Video Composite
- 1x Audio In/Out
- 1x 3 axis accelerometer / magnetometer / Gyrometer
- 1x pressure sensor
- 1x Li-Ion battery charger
- 1x JTAG
- 1x MiPi34
- 3x Expansion Ports (PDK Only)
- 1x WiFi, 1x BlueTooth, 1x GPS (Except Lite versions).
You’ll get the required software and support from the Igloo Community where you’ll be able to download:
- Linux BSP (Linaro hwpack and debian images)
- Source code via gitweb: u-boot, bluez stack, kernel and tools.
Currently only the Linux BSP is available, but Android will be available for the platform in Q3 2011.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.