XDA recently released a ROM with Android 2.2.1 (Froyo) for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10.
Bear in mind that this is still a BETA version with the following known bugs and limitations:
- Closing certain apps will cause the ROM to crash or reboot
- Youtube / Adobe Flash status uncertain
- No camcorder recording
- No native wifi/usb tethering
- You’ll need to log into the old market at least once before installing the new one
- Maybe more.
All sort of bad things may happen to your phone, but if xRecovery is correctly setup you should be able to recover. If you still want to go forward, following the “simple” steps below.
First download the following files:
- FreeX10-beta2.zip – Xperia X10 Android 2.2 Firmware
- FreeX10-beta2-hotfix1.zip – flash led brightness and Rockplayer hack
- gapps_1901_FreeX10.zip– latest Google Apps (Market, Youtube etc.)
Here’s what you’ll need before installing Android 2.2:
- Rooted 2.1 ROM. Instructions for doing so are available at Dualtouch for all ROMS [GUIDE]
- Working xRecovery – Instructions are available at xRecovery 0.2-release
- Flash the zip package via xRecovery
- After the first boot, flash Google Apps via xRecovery
If you want to play around with the source code, you can download X10_2.2_Froyo_sources.tar.bz2
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|