Congatec Reference Board for Video Wall Systems Powered by AMD Embedded R-Series APU
congatec AG has introduced a new reference board for video wall system design. This reference design is based on a baseboard, an AMD Embedded R Series APU COM Express CPU module (conga-TFS) & an optional AMD Radeon E6760 GPU MXM module, and can support up to 9 independent displays.
- Video Output – VGA, 18/24Bit single/dual channel LVDS, 3x DisplayPort 1.2, 1x HDMI 1.4 and 2x single-link DVI (All ports are available when both the CPU and MXM graphics modules are used)
- Ethernet – 2x Gbit Ethernet
- SATA – 4x SATA (for 2.5″ SATA or SSD)
- USB – 4x USB 3.0 and 4x USB 2.0
- PEG Port 2.0
- 7x PCI Express 2.0 x1 lanes
- RF4CE (ZigBee) receiver enabling remote control
- 19V power supply for standard notebooks
Developers can optionally integrate an additional graphics unit via a complete MXM 3.0 module. Three panels are addressed via the computer module, the remaining six via the MXM graphics unit.
The integrated graphics core of the conga-TFS module supports DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.2 for 2D and 3D image processing. An hardware video decoder handles H.264, VC-1, MPEG4 Part 2 and MPEG2 video streams.
There’s no video or dedicated page to this reference design yet, all the information is in the press release, however information about conga-TFS CPU module is available on Congatec website, and AMD Radeon E6760 MXM V3.0 Module on AMD website.