In the last few months, there has been very little innovation or novelty in the Android set-top box and mini PC space, and the latest Ugood Android set-top boxes are yet other devices based on Rockchip RK3188 processor with 1 to 2GB RAM, and 8GB flash, as well as Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity, and a 5MP camera. They only differ from the competition because of their casings.
Both devices mostly share the same specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3188 quad core Cortex A9 @ 1.6Ghz with Mali-400MP4 GPU @ 500MHz?
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 for UG320, 2GB DDR3 for UG310
- Storage – 8GB flash + microSD card slot (Up to 32 GB)
- Video Output – HDMI and AV outputs
- Audio Output – HDMI, optical SPDIF, and AV (CVBS).
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, and 10/100M Ethernet. Bluetooth 3.0 is available in UG320 only.
- UG310 – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- UG320 – 3x USB 2.0 host ports
- Camera – 5MP camera
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
Both devices run Android 4.2. UG320 comes with a powered adapter, and HDMI and AV cables. UG310 adds a standard IR remote control to the list of accessories.
UG310 is the type of device that can be placed on top of the TV, and UG320 is a small media player than can be placed horizontal, or vertically thanks to a base.
UG320 can be purchased for $90.59 on GeekBuying, but you can also find it for about $100 on Aliexpress. UG310 can be found for $107.99 on Dealsprime without remote, and $127.99 with a 2.4GHz remote, and starts at $119 on Aliexpress with a “Body feeling remote control” :). There’s also a model called GK528 that looks similar.
Thanks to Robert for the tip.