After Cloudsto A20 Media PC, and GV-17, we’ve now got more choices for AllWinner A20 based Android set-top boxes with Jesurun A19 and Mele M5, both featuring 1GB RAM, and running Android 4.2, with the former fitted with 4GB NAND flash and the latter 8GB. Those are ones of the few devices featuring SATA support, and optical SPDIF. Jerusun A19 also comes with VGA output.
Jesurun A19 Specifications:
- SoC – Allwinner A20 dual core Cortex A7 up to 1.2 GHz + Mali-400 MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 4GB NAND Flash + SD card slot (up to 128GB) + SATA interface
- Video Output – HDMI up to 3840 X 2160 (UHD), VGA and AV
- Video Decoding – Up to [email protected]
- Audio Output – HDMI + SPDIF (Optical)
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet + Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- USB – 4x USB ports
- IR sensor
- Power Adapter – 5V/2A
- Weight – g
- Size – 24.5 x 18.5 x 16 cm
The device comes with an IR remote, a power adapter, and an AV cable, and sells for about $98 including shipping on Focalprice.
The specifications are basically the same as Jesurun A19, except the following:
- Video Output – HDMI up to 3840 X 2160 (UHD), and AV (No VGA)
- Storage – 8GB NAND Flash + SD card slot (up to 128GB) + SATA interface
- USB – 3x USB Host ports + 1x micro USB OTG port (But I can find this one in the pics)
- Weight and Dimensions – N/A
Mele M5 comes with an IR remote, a power adapter, a quick start guide, and, maybe, but I’m not sure, an HDMI cable. This product is sold directly by Mele on Aliexpress for $89.99 excluding shipping. [Update: Mele M5 is available on DealExtreme for $87.10 including shipping]
AllWinner A20 source code has been released, so both devices will likely be able to run Linux booted from SD card or internal flash. As this SoC integrates a Mali-400 MP2 GPU, you’ll be able to get 2D/3D graphics acceleration in Linux without having to resort to libhybris, which will take more time to implement, but support more devices including SoC featuring PowerVR GPUs.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|