Popcorn Hour A-410 Linux Based Networked Media Jukebox is Now Available for Pre-order for $259
CloudMedia, previously known a Syabas, has announced the available of Popcorn Hour A410, a networked media jukebox (NMJ) powered by Sigma Designs SMP8911 dual core processor with 1GB RAM, Gigabit Ethernet, support for 2.5″ and 3.5″ SATA drives, USB 3.0, and numerous audio / video ports. It can be used as a media player, as well as a NAS (Networked Access Storage).
Popcorn Hour A410 specifications:
- SoC – Sigma Designs SMP8911 Dual-Core 800Mhz processor (MIPS) with 512KB L2 Cache and VXP Video Processor
- System Memory – 1024MB DDR2
- Storage – 256MB SLC NAND Flash, SD Card reader, 2.5″ and 3.5″ SATA HDD bay, and eSATA connector.
- Audio/Video I/Os – HDMI, Component, CVBS, Stereo Audio, optical and coaxial S/PDIF.
- Audio DAC – ESS Sabre Audiophile class DAC (24-bit, 192 Khz sampling rate)
- Video containers – MPEG1/2/4 Elementary (M1V, M2V, M4V),MPEG1/2 PS (M2P, MPG, DAT, VOB),MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, MTS),AVI, ASF, WMV, Matroska (MKV),MOV (H.264), MP4, RMP4, 3D BD ISO
- Video Decoders – XVID SD/HD,MPEG-1, MPEG-2 MP@HL, MPEG-4.2 ASP@L5, 720p, 1-point GMC, MPEG-4.10 (H.264) : BP@L3, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],WMV9 : MP@HL,SMPTE 421M (VC-1) : MP@HL, AP@L3
- Audio Containers – AAC, M4A,MPEG audio (MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA),WAV, WMA, FLAC, OGG
- Audio Decoders – DTS, WMA, WMA Pro,MPEG-1 Layer 1, 2, 3, MPEG-4 AAC-LC, MPEG-4 HE-AAC, MPEG-4 BSAC ,LPCM, FLAC, Vorbis, TrueAudio, APE Audio
- Audio Passthrough – DTS, DTS-HD HR, DTS-HD MA
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 Host, 1 x USB 3.0 Slave
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000M Ethernet
- Misc – Power and Standby LEDs, IR sensor
- Power Supply – 12V DC, 3.5A Max
- Power Consumption – Typical: 15W, Max: 40W.
- Dimensions – 182mm (W) x 158mm (L) x 56mm (H)
- Weight – 1.3 kg
- Casing – Aluminum case designed by Silverstone , fanless Operation
The box comes with a remote Control and corresponding two AAA batteries, several cables (HDMI, eSATA, and USB 3.0 slave), one HDD dock key, foud HDD dock screws, an AC power adapter, a quick start guide, and a warranty card.
Several network protocols are supported namely Bonjour, UPnP SSDP, UPnP AV, Windows Media Connect, Windows Media Player NSS, Samba, NFS, BitTorrent P2P, and Usenet downloader. It can be access as a NAS via SMB, NFS, or FTP.
The user interface is said to be customizable with shortcuts and a background that changes according to the time of the day, and Network Media Tank Jukebox (shown above) is pre-installed in the box. An Android and iOS app called NMJ navigator can freely be downloaded and installed in order to control your device via your smartphone or tablet.
Sigma Designs SMP8911 is a secure media processor with two main MIPS cores @ 800MHz, one more MIPS core @ 400MHz for image processing, a security core @ 400MHz, three DSPs @ 400MHz, a 2D/3D graphics processing unit, and more.
For further information and/or pre-order the device for $259, visit Popcorn Hour A410 page. Shipping is expected on the 10th of January. Since A410 is an upgrade of the previous A400 NMJ with more RAM, and the Audio DAC, you can also check out A400 user’s manual, and visit networkedmediatank.com forums.