A80 OptimusBoard Features AllWinner Octa-Core big.LITTLE SoC
Allwinner is currently at CES 2014 showcasing their latest Octa-core A80 SoC, and corresponding development board, the A80 OptimusBoard. Apart from the picture below, there were very little details for the initial announcement, but we now know, the board comes with 2 GB RAM, 8 GB NAND flash, and other features of the board, as well as the company behind the GPU in AllWinner A80.
A80 OptimusBoard specifications:
- SoC – AllWinner Ultra Core A80 4x Cortex 15, 4x Cortex A7 big.LITTLE processor with an unnamed Imagination Technologies PowerVR GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND Flash
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4a
- Connectivity – Dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, and Ethernet (GMAC)
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 OTG HIC, 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Audio codec – AC100 Codec
- Camera I/F – 12MP MIPI CSI
- Debugging – UART and JTAG
- Expansion – 32-pin GPIO header
- Misc – IR receiver, reset and power LEDs.
- Power management – AXP806, AXP809
- Power Supply – DC IN (5V?), and battery
- Dimensions – 135x70mm
So AllWinner A80 features a PowerVR GPU from Imagination Technologies, most probably one of PowerVR Series 6 GPUs (G6xxx) compliant with OpenGL 3.0 and OpenCL 1.x. This will probably disappoint a few people that hoped for Mali GPU in order to get better support in Linux.
That’s all I know for now, and I could not find details about supported operating systems, although Android is a given (Kitkat?), the company may also have decided to support one or more Linux distributions. Price information is not available either.