MIPS Technologies announced the launch of its new Developer Community at developer.mips.com. The new site is specifically tailored to the needs of software developers working with the Android™ platform, Linux operating system and other applications for MIPS-Based™ hardware. All information and resources on the site are openly accessible.
“This new community demonstrates our ongoing commitment to the vibrant open source effort around the MIPS cores and architecture, as well as around our customers’ and their customers’ hardware platforms,” said Art Swift, vice president of marketing and business development, MIPS Technologies. “As the MIPS architecture continues to expand into new high-volume markets such as mobile handsets and tablets, we see an increasing need for these resources among the growing MIPS developer community.”
Software engineers can find development resources and tools on the site including:
- Android on MIPS source code, porting instructions, a native development kit (NDK) for Android applications development on MIPS, and other Android resources
- Linux on MIPS resources including kernel source code
- Downloadable development tools including the MIPS Navigator™ Integrated Component Suite (ICS) integrated development environment with 30-day evaluation license and GCC compilers for MIPS.
- How-to Video tutorials for MIPS Navigator ICS including the “multicore Debug Series” available on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PpIG3NNvw
- Access to EJTAG debugger tools
- Information about MIPS-Based development boards such as Malta development kits.
- Application notes and support forums for Android, Linux and developer tools
- Blog postings from MIPS development engineers on developer-specific topics such as kernels, performance tuning and debug tips/tricks
- Links to other MIPS community sites including mipsandroid.org and linux-mips.org
- Information about other MIPS ecosystem companies and resources