On September 1, at the IFA 2011 in Berlin, Samsung unveiled the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 tablet powered by a 1.4GHz dual-core processor, probably Samsung Exynos Cortex-A9 processor used in Samsung Galaxy S2.
Nobody could have guessed but the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 actually features a 7.7″ touchscreen display using Super AMOLED Plus technology (as in Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone), at first for a screen of this size. The resolution is 1280×800 (WXGA).
It is almost as thin as Toshiba AT200 tablet with a thickness of 7.89 mm (vs 7.7 mm) and weights only 335 grams.
- Display: 7.7″ 1280×800 (WXGA) Super AMOLED Plus
- Processor: 1.4 Ghz Dual Core application processor
- Network: LTE & HSPA + 21Mbps | Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Memory: 16/32/64 GB movi NAND + microSD 9up to 32 GB)
- Cameras: 3MP AF LED (Main) + 2 MB FF (Front)
- Dimensions: 196.7 x 133 x 7.89 mm, 355g
- Battery: 5,100 mAh (up to 10 hours of video playback)
- OS: Android Honeycomb 3.2v
On the software side, beside runing Android honeycomb, it also comes with Samsung own UI the Samsung TouchWiz UX ans Samsung claims to have a special zoom mode to “optimize applications that are not designed to run on larger screen sizes, so they fit on the entire screen without distortion”.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.