Archos has just released a new firmware for Archos 80 G9 / 101 G9. The most important fix is for Android Marketplace that did not work properly for everybody.
Here’s the changelog:
Version 3.2.61 – October 21st, 2011
- Google apps: new Honeycomb release 4 integrated. It contains the new Market (v3.1.7) that solves the issue of some Google accounts not being able to install applications.
- Power save: disable 3G USB host port by default
- Power: fix device sometimes not rebooting properly
- MTP: fix Video folder listed empty from host PC happening sometimes
- Audio: better volume management when a notification occurs during music playback
- Input method: disable switch to Arabic keyboard when Android default keyboard gets killed
The firmware can be downloaded at http://update.archos.com/9/gen9/gen9_3.2.61/firmware_archos_it4.aos
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.