If you are developing software in Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7, here are the steps to follow to push your project to Gitorious.
- Register and create a new project on Gitorious, if you haven’t done already.
- Install msysGit to have git on your Windows machine
- Click on “Git Bash” to start the command line
Generate the SSH Key with "ssh-keygen -t rsa"and press ‘Return’ in every question. Go to your Gitorious dashboard, click on “Manage SSH Keys” then “Add SSH Key“, copy the content of
"cat ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub” in Gitorious and click save
- Then go to your local project directory and follow the “getting started instructions” given in Gitorious, which should look like:
- git config –global user.name “Your Name”
- git config –global user.email “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- git checkout master
- git remote add origin email@example.com:your-project/your-project.git
- git push origin master
Then wait until the code is pushed to the Gitorious server.
If you also installed ToitoiseGit on your development machine, you may encounter the following error as you connect to Gitorious:
Disconnected: No Supported authentication methods available
To work around this issue check GIT_SSH environment variable is set to “/usr/bin/ssh.exe”:
If TortoiseGit is installed, it may be set to “C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin\TortoisePlink.exe” instead and generate the error shown above.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|