Toshiba Electronics will unveil the BMSKTOPASM369, a new Starter Kit for ARM-Cortex M3 microcontrollers at Embedded World 2012. This devkit based on Toshiba TMPM369Fxxx Cortex M3 MCU which combines Ethernet, CAN and USB Host and Device connectivity in a single IC.
Toshiba will also showcase new software tools that speed-up and optimize embedded designs for motor control applications.
This development board features an integrated power supply and offers rapid prototyping and testing for applications ranging from industrial control systems and barcode readers to motion control, home appliances and solar inverters.
The Started Kit is based on TMPM369Fxxx series 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3 MCU running at 80MHz with up to 512KB flash and 128KB RAM. The 4 MCUs in this series also integrate the following:
- Single-channel CAN2.0B
- Full-speed USB Host controller
- Full-speed USB device controller
- 10/100BASE single-channel Ethernet MAC.
- 2x 12-bit ADCs suitable forbarcode readers and other applications requiring ultra-fast conversion.
- 2x 10-bit DAC
- Multi-Purpose Timer (MPT). This MPT combines three-phase PWM control with an ADC trigger making the new devices ideal for motor control applications.
- 3x SPI, 3x I2C/SIO, 6x UART
- RTC (Real Time Clock)
- OFD (Oscillation Frequency Detector) for CPU clock monitoring
The BMSKTOPASM369 starter kit hardware comprises:
- 10/100 Ethernet
- USB (host and device)
- USB (UART)
- Dedicated motor control interface
- Light sensor
- 8 LEDs
- Joystick Interface
- ‘J-Link’ JTAG interface
The company said that free and low-cost development tools and embedded software will be available for the platform such as Atollic’s TrueSTUDIO IDE and Segger’s RTOS, web server software and TCP/IP and HTTP stacks.
Toshiba Electronics did not disclose pricing or availability. Further details are not available yet for this starter kit, but will be present on Toshiba Cortex M3 Starter Kit page once Toshiba decide to release more info. You can however already get full details about Toshiba TMPM360 series MCUs.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|