I think there is a TI deal about once a month, and today Texas Instruments sells (via Digi-Key) a
Pebble Watch clone device similar to Pebble Watch called MetaWatch which is based on TI MSP430 MCU and CC2560 Bluetooth host controller and was released last year.
There are two models:
- Metawatch Analog ($139)
- Metawatch Digital ($149)
Both models regular price is $203. The discounted price also includes free shipping, but you need to follow the instructions carefully. Although the Metawatch is supposed to currently support both Android and iOS, the model sold is the original one that only supports Android.
Here are the specs of the digital Model:
- Compatibility: Most devices with Android OS 2.3 and up. Potentially any programmable device supporting Bluetooth 2.1 and up device with Serial Port Profile (SPP) connectivity.
- Case / strap: 3 ATM water resistant stainless steel, black or white replaceable genuine leather strap
- Display: Mirror polymer network LCD (96×96 pixel). Fully reflective for direct sunlight
- Lens: Scratch-resistant, mineral hardened glass
- I/O: 6 fully programmable buttons, 3-axis accelerometer, vibrating motor & ambient light sensor
- MCU: TI MSP430 micro-controller (MSP430F5438A)
- BT Radio: TI CC2560 Bluetooth transceiver
- In Box: One development system watch, one charging / programming clip, one micro-USB cable
Bear in mind that the Metawatch is not supposed to be an end product, but only a development kit, in a similar fashion to TI Chronos Wireless Watch. You may have to use the development tools and source code to build the software yourself, which can, depending on your point of view, also be an advantage compared to the Pebble Watch that is not hackable AFAIK.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|