Frontier, a Japanese company, launched a 21.5″ Smartdisplay running Android 4.0 powered by Texas Instruments OMAP4428 application processor with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB Flash.
Here are the specifications of this giant Android tablet:
- Processor – Texas Instruments OMAP 4428 dual core Cortex A9 @ 1 GHz
- System memory – 1 GB
- Storage – 8 GB Flash + SD card slot (Up to 32 GB)
- Display – 21.5″ TFT LCD touch panel (maximum resolution: 1920 x 1080)
- USB – microUSB (stereo mini jack) USB2.0 + 2x USB 2.0 Host ports.
- Audio I/O – Built-in Microphone, built-in stereo speakers (1W + 1W) and headphone jack.
- 10/100 MBit Ethernet
- Wifi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth ® Ver.2.1 + EDR
- Camera – 1.2 MP Webcam
- Power Supply – AC adapter (19V, 2.1A)
- Dimensions – 512.8 x 353 x 24.8 mm
- Weight – 5.0 kg
The company does not expect you to carry this 5 kg device outdoors, but you can use it around the house (kitchen, bedroom, living room…). Thanks to its stand, it just looks like a real PC replacement, and could prove especially useful in apartments with limited space. With a screen of this size, the keyboard might feel more natural to use than in smaller devices such as smartphones and “regular” tablets.
Frontier FT103 SmartDisplay is only available in Japan and sells for 34,800 Yen (~485 USD), which is not too bad considering a well-known company sells some 9.7″ tablets for a higher price… If you can read Japanese (or know use to use Google Translate), you can find more information on Frontier FT103 page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|