Ainol Novo 10 Hero II is a new Android Jelly Bean tablet with a 10.1″ touchscreen powered by Actions Semiconductor ACT ATM7029 processor featuring 4 Cortex A9 cores and GC1000 GPU that will be soon be available for $209.90.
Here Ainol Novo 10 Hero II Specifications:
- SoC – Actions Semi ACT ATM7029 Quad Core Cortex A9 processor (operating frequency unknown) with Vivante GC1000 GPU.
- System Memory – 1 GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 16GB Flash + TF card up to 32GB
- Display – 10.1″ Capacitive Touchscreen IPS Screen (Resolution: 1280*800)
- Camera – 0.3 MP front camera, 2.0 MP rear camera
- WiFi – 802.11 b/g/n
- 3G – Support via external 3G dongle
- Audio – Built-in speaker and 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Sensors – Gravity sensor,
- GPS – Built-in
- Battery – 8000 mAh
- Weight – 669g
- Dimensions – : 261*177*9.8 mm
The tablet will be sold with a USB cable and a charger.
The main reasons I’ve decided to write about this tablet are 1. the competitive price, and 2. Actions Semiconductor quad core processor which I had never heard of before. This tablet competes directly with Freescale i.MX6 Quad tablets such as the Ampe A10 Quad Core version ($220) both on specifications and price. There is very little information about Semi Actions ACT-ATM7029 processor, so I just know it is a quad core cortex A9 processor with Vivante GC1000 dual core GPU, similar to Freescale i.MX6, except the later uses Vivante GC2000 quad core GPU. So Actions Semi SoC 3D performance will be inferior (Theoretically twice as slow, See Vivante Product Brief for comparison). I asked further details to Actions Semiconductor, and if I get any interesting information, I’ll write a post about their processor.
You can get further details about the tablet itself on Ainol Novo 10 Hero II page.