$99 WiMe NanoWatch is Both a Massive Watch And a Tiny Phone

WiMe (pronounced “Why Me?”), a Taiwanese company, showcased an Android watch that can also be used as a phone (a Nanophone as the company calls it) at CES 2013. The NanoWatch runs embedded Linux, and features a 1.54″ Touch screen display, 256 Mb ROM, a 4 GB internal microSD card, and a SIM card slot.
WiME NanoWatch

NanoWatch Specifications:

• Processor – Unknown
  • System Memory – Unknown
  • Storage – 256 MB ROM, 4 GB internal microSD
  • Display – 1.54″ resistive touch display – Resolution 240×240
  • Network – GSM/GPRS Quad Band: GSM 850/900/DCS 1800/PCS 1900 MHZ. Data :GPRS
  • SIM/UIM – One standard SIM card
  • Connectivity – Bluetooth 2.1
  • USB connection – micro 5pin USB, USB 1.1
  • Video, photo and audio formats – AVI/MP4/3GP, jpg/gif/bmp, and MP3
  • Battery – 300 mAh Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Talking time: Approx. 4 hours. Standby time: Approx. 120 hours
  • Misc – FM Radio, Voice recorder
  • Dimensions – 51.6 mm x 38 mm x 10.2 mm

The package contains the NanoWatch, a headset, a wristband, a micro USB cable and a clipper. The device can be worn as a watch, but you could also hang it on your neck, or clip it on your shirt.

This is rather a low-end phone, but if you mainly listen to music (via a Bluetooth headset) and make/answer phone calls, this is less cumbersome than handling your phone. Alternatively, it can also be paired to your Android smartphone to sync emails and contacts, and make / received phone calls.

You can watch Charbax’s video shot at CES 2013 to get a bit more information and see the device.

The product is available now, and should sell for $99 retail. You can find more information on WiMe NanoWatch page.

Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples
newest most voted
rm
rm
7 years ago

256MB RAM, you mean? >_>

onebir
onebir
7 years ago

“Alternatively, it can also be paired to your Android smartphone to sync emails and contacts, and make / received phone calls.”
Now even an Android phone can have a phone ๐Ÿ˜‰
Does this actually run Android though? It doesn’t seem to mention it on the manufacturer’s page.

Javi
Javi
7 years ago

I sold “watch phones” 3 years ago… the main problem is the size. It’s really difficult to sell because this.

Javi
Javi
7 years ago

By the way… I saw the “Android watch” (not this one) maybe one year ago. I did not try because big (again). I found some models 2-3 years ago with the battery built in the strap, maybe that is a good way to make it smaller.

joker
joker
7 years ago

hi, ho’re You guy !! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m searching for an equivalent of the ipod nano6g powered by LINUX (this watch seems to be good but the batteries is to low ๐Ÿ™ )

dc
dc
7 years ago

Anybody know the reason why companies don’t make a landscape watch?

Michael
Michael
7 years ago

Is it readable in bright sunlight? What kind of display technology does it use?

Patrick Taylor
Patrick Taylor
6 years ago

I purchased this watch-phone less than a year ago, but I have quit using it. I was wanting to use it mostly as a standalone phone. I think the idea of a watch that you wear and still have to pair to a brick in your pocket is absolutely ridiculous! I just don’t get the point of a “smart watch.” Anyways, while the WiME NanSmart can do both the smartwatch thing and be a standalone phone as well, I get the feeling that it is good at neither. It can pair up with an Android phone, but it is not… Read more ยป

Advertisements