Last year, we started to see Android cameras with 3G/4G connectivity such as Samsung EK-GC100 Galaxy Camera, but it was not possible to make phone calls. Samsung has just fixed that by announcing the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom, a camera phone or phone camera, depending on your point of view, with a 4.3″ qHD youchscreen and Android 4.2, and a 16-megapixel CMOS with a 10x optical zoom lens.
Other details about the camera includes support for ISO 100-3200, a lens with 24-240mm zoom, F3.1-F6.3, and optical image stabilization. A Xenon flash can also be used to take picture in low-light conditions. There’s also another more discreet 1.9 MP front camera on the device.
- SoC – Dual core processor @ 1.5GHz (Exact processor will depend on the market)
- System Memory – 1.5 GB RAM
- Storage – 8GB NAND flash with around 5GB user-available.
- Network – GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps, LTE (market dependent), Cat3, 50 Mbps UL, 100 Mbps DL.
- WiFi a/b/g/n (5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- A-GPS and GLONASS
- Sensors – Accelerometer, digital compass, proximity sensor, gyroscope, and a light sensor.
- Battery – 2,330 mAh battery
- Dimensions – 125.5 x 63.5 x 15.4 mm
- Weight – 208 grams
The phone will run Android 4.2 with TouchWiz, including S Voice and S Translator.
Availability and pricing information have not been disclosed, but we may know more at Samsung’s “Premiere 2013″ event in London, on June 20,2013.
Via Android Community.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
3 Replies to “Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom – Phone Camera or Camera Phone?”
“There’s also another more discrete 1.9 MP front camera”
I believe this should be “discreet”.
I think i’ll wait for the next model, i just cant make do without the kitchen sink and/ with built in garbage disposal unit.