A second, and last, fun video for today. After uploading a making of video for the Beaglebone Black, CircuitCo has done it again, but this time with the MinnowBoard, an Intel Atom embedded board, and uploaded a video showing how the board is manufactured in their factory in Dallas, Texas.
The main steps are very similar to the one performed by the Beaglebone Black, but they apparently skipped a few steps in the video:
- A machine applies solder paste to the PCB, and inspects the solder paste.
- Two SMT machine mount up to 33,400 chips per hour.
- The Intel Atom processor is placed on the board by another machine
- Reflow soldering for SMT components
- Optical inspection via an automatic optical inspection (AOI) machine (Model AV 862)
- Functional testing
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|