Iteaduino Plus is a development platform designed by ITEAD studio, a Shenzhen based company, powered by AllWinner A10 with 1GB RAM, a micro SD card slot, expansion header, etc… Overall features are very similar to the Cubieboard, but the platform is comprised of a baseboard and a CPU module. The baseboard features a 26-pin GPIO header compatible with the one on the Raspberry Pi, and you can add an expansion board to connect Arduino Shields.
Iteaduino Plus specifications:
- SoC – AllWinner A10 Cortex A8 @ 1GHz with Mali400 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 @480MHz
- Storage – 1x micro SD slot, 1x SATA
- Video Output – HDMI
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet
- USB – 2x USB Host, 1x USB OTG
- Audio – 3.5mm Audio in and out jacks
- Expansion headers (see pin assignment)
- 2x 2×36-pin (Total 144, but not all used) – I2C, SPI, RGB/LVDS, CSI/TS, FM-IN, ADC, CVBS, VGA, SPDIF-OUT, R-TP.
- 26-pin Raspberry Pi (somewhat) compatible header
- Arduino compatible headers (via extra optional expansion board)
The hardware pictured above is a prototype, and the final product will come with black PCBs. The baseboard has been designed for both A10 and A20 if we are to believe the silk screen markings, so a version with AllWinner A20 CPU module may be coming soon.
As with other Allwinner boards, it can run Android, Ubuntu and other Linux distributions. The company can also provide a customized Ubuntu Linaro distribution, called ITEAD OS, with the necessary drivers to drive the interfaces such as GPIO, UART, IIC and SPI, and standard development packages and tools pre-installed (vim, git, python, build-essential…).
They are also developing expansions boards (Plugs) for the system:
- Arduino Plug – To connect Arduino shields to the Iteaduino Plus. Includes an OLED display that shows the IP address, CPU and RAM usage if use with ITEAD OS.
- Motor Plug – Used to drive up to 3 stepper motors
- IoT Plug – Will include IR blaster, 433MHz/315MHz RF, Zigbee…
The company has launched a flexible funding campaign on Indiegogo, which means the board will be manufactured whatever happens to the $20,000 funding goal. If you’ve already participated to Cubieboard campaign, you will be in familiar settings, as the pledges are exactly the same (amount and name), and at the time of writing you can still participate in the “Just In Time ” pledge to get the kit for $39. If you are late, you’ll have to pledge $59. The pledge includes Iteaduino Plus, a SATA cable, and a micro USB cable, and shipping via HK Post is free worldwide. Delivery is expected next month. There are also some other pledges with extra accessories (e.g. Wi-Fi, debug board,…), but surprisingly, as I end this post, I’ve just found out you can’t actually pledge for any of the three expansion boards listed in Indiegogo (*facepalm*).