Back in February, ISEE announced 2 new computers-on-module based on TI AM335x at Embedded World 2013. IGEP COM AQUILA, one of those 2 modules based on AM3354, is now available and we have a more information about software support, and baseboard availability.
AQUILA specifications do not appear to have changed since the earlier announcement:
- Processor – Texas instruments Sitara AM3354 Cortex A8 @ 720 Mhz + PowerVR SGX GPU
- System memory – 256 MB DDR3 SDRAM, 303 MHz, 16-bit
- Storage – 128 MB SLC NAND FLASH + on-board micro-SD socket
- Networking – 1x Ethernet PHY
- Debug Interface – JTAG
- Sitara AM335x interfaces – USB Host/OTG, I2C, SPI, CAN, UART, LCD controller, GPIOs, etc…
- Power – 4V to 5,5V DC via SODIMM connector. 1x Linear [email protected] regulator
- Dimensions – 67,6mm x 26 mm (SODIMM form factor)
- Temperature Range – Industrial: -40 to +85 C
What’s new to me, is the tiny base board used for development called IGEP COM AQUILA EXPANSION.
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4a output
- Connectivity – Ethernet
- USB – 1x USB OTG, 1x USB Host, and 1x USB host interface header
- Expansion headers – 2x 46-pin headers
- Debugging – Serial interface header, 14-pin JTAG header
- Misc – 4x LED indicators, 1x EEPROM, 1x Power on Button, and 1x RTC Battery
- Dimensions – 112 x 54,6 mm.
The company provides U-Boot and the Linux kernel 3.8.12 for the board as well as images build with Yocto 1.4. The hardware reference manual, and mechanical files are available on IGEP COM AQUILA page, and further information will eventually be available in the Wiki. The source code is available via the company git repository at http://git.igep.es/. Development needs to be perform in Linux, but if you have to work with Windows, ISEE also provides a virtual machine with all development tools pre-installed that can be run in Virtual Box or VMWare.
According to the press release I’ve been given the modules is available for 79 Euros in ISEE e-Store, but I could not find it there yet [Update: Here’s the link: http://shop.isee.biz/igep-com-aquila.html]. I could not find pricing or availability about the base board at this time.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|