Lantronix has recently launched XPort(R) Pro Lx6, a secure embedded device server supporting IPv6, that barely larger than an RJ45 connector. The device runs Linux or the company’s Evolution OS, and is destined to be used in wired industrial IoT / M2M applications.
- Processor – Freescale ColdFire MCF5208 up to 166.67 MHz (TBC) 32-bit processor
- System memory – 16MB SDRAM
- Storage – 16MB Flash
- Serial Interface – Software selectable data rates from 300 to 921kbps
- Programmable IO – 3 PIO pins (software selectable)
- Network Interface – 10Base-T and 100Base-TX Link with support for IPv4 and IPv6, and the following protocols: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, ARP, ICMP, SNMPv2, TFTP, FTP, Telnet, DHCP, BOOTP, HTTP, SMTP, PPP, AutoIP, RSS, and SYSLOG
- Security – TCP/AES and UDP/AES
- Temperature Range – Operating and storage: -40° to +85° C
- Relative Humidity – 0% to 90% non-condensing
- Regulatory Approvals – FCC Part 15, Subpart B, Class B, ICES-003 Issue 4 (2004), Class B, EN55022:2006 and EN55024:1998 + A1:2001 + A2:2003, AS/NZS CISPR22:2006, VCCI V-3/2009.04, EN 61000-3-2:2006, EN 61000-3-3:1995+A1:2001+A2:2005
- Power – 3.3VDC. I/O Max Rating: 3.3v
- Dimensions – 33.9mm (L) x 16.25mm (W) x 13.5mm (H)
- Weight – 9.6g
The company provides two Windows based application namely “DeviceInstaller” and “Com Port Redirector”, to respectively install and configure the device, and control COM port-based equipment over the network. Management and control is also possible via the internal web manager, telnet, or the serial port, and configuration can customized using XML files.
XPort Pro evaluation kit can be used for development, and includes an evaluation board with support for XPort Pro Lx6, a +5V power supply, an RS-232 DB9 cable, a Cat5e Ethernet cable, and a 25-to-9pin serial adapter.
Lantronix XPort Pro Lx6 is available now and sells for $39 per unit for 1,000 order, and comes with a 2-year limited warranty. For reference, XPort Pro, an earlier model without IPv6 support, sells for $62 per unit, and the evaluation kit goes for $90 (without XPort Pro (Lx6). You may want to visit Lantronix XPort Pro Lx6 page for further details.
Via Linux Gizmos
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|