We’ve already seen RK3288 based Android TV boxes and sticks started to be advertised on Alibaba, and today Ugoos contacted me and shared some pictures and specs of their PCBA for Ugoos UT3 Android 4.4 TV box based on Rockchip RK3288 quad core Cortex A17 + Mali-T764 GPU SoC.
Here are the specs of the board and product:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3288 quad core CortexA17 @ 1.8GHz + Mali-T764 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 /3.0, and OpenCL 1.1
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 (Option: 4GB)
- Storage – 8GB NAND Flash (Options: 16, 32 or 64GB) + micro SD card slot (up to 32 GB)
- Connectivity – 100M/1000M Ethernet, dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz) and 802.11 a/c using external Wi-Fi antenna, Bluetooth 4.0 (option?)
- Video I/F
- HDMI 1.4a output (female) up to 4k2k @ 30 fps, 1080p60
- AV output (3.5mm jack)
- HDMI input (female) up to 1080p
- Audio I/F – HDMI in and out, AV out, optical S/PDIF, microphone jack
- Video Codecs
- Decoding – MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4,H.263, H.264, H.265,AVS, VC-1, RV, VP6/VP8, Sorenson Spark, MVC up to 4K2K @ 60fps
- Encoding – H.264, H.265, VP8, MVC (1080p)
- H.264, H.265 Data Rate – Up to 60Mbps
- Audio Codecs/Formats – MP1, MP2, MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, OGA, APE, FLAC, AAC, M4A, 3GPP
- USB – 3x USB Host port, 1x micro USB OTG
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Temperature Range – Operating: -10~40℃, Storage: -20~50℃
- Humidity – 5%-90%, No condensation
- Certification – CCC,CE,EMC,FCC,Wi-Fi
There’s also a connector on the top right that looks like a SATA connector for 2.5″ hard drives, but it’s not listed in the specs. If it’s the case they probably use a USB to SATA chip, as RK3288 specs do not mention sata. The Wi-Fi module reads like AP6335. RK3288 is the small chip surrounded by a “green square”.
The company said the first samples are ready, and they are starting to check the software, so it may still take a while before products become available.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.