Rikomagic MK902 is an Android mini PC powered by Rockchip RK3188 quad core processor, and there’s even a Linux version. The company has announced it has been working on an upgrade of the device named MK902 II, and powered by Rockchip RK3288. It will initially sell with Android, but I would not be surprised with a PicUntu version is also sold later, and even an MK 902 II Chromebox could hit the market, since Rockchip released Chromium OS overlay files for RK3288.
They’ve also provide MK902 II specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip 3288 quad core ARM Cortex A17 up to 1.8 GHz with Mali-T764 GPU
- System Memory – 2G DDR3
- Storage – 8 or 16 GB flash + micro SD slot (up to 32GB)
- Video Output – HDMI, AV
- Audio Output / Input – HDMI, stereo audio (via AV port), optical S/PDIF, microphone
- Video Codecs – MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, H.265, AVS, VC-1, RV, VP6/VP8, MVC (1080p) Sorenson Spark, MVC up to 4K2K @ 60fps
- Audio Formats – MP1, MP2, MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, OGA, APE, FLAC, AAC, M4A, 3GPP etc
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi , Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 3x USB host ports, 1x USB device port (OTG?)
- Misc – IR receiver, recovery button
- Power Supply – 5V/2.5A
The box will run Android 4.4, and sell with an HDMI and AV cables, a USB cable, a power adapter, and a user’s manual.
There has been a new trend recently with Amlogic S802 and especially RK3288, where companies show off their boards before the products ar ready, which I find is nice, and Rikomagic has done the same. There’s apparently no major physical modification to the board compared to MK902, with the main upgrade being the replacement of RK3188 with RK3288. The board name is HTC_TO32_V0, and the Wi-Fi module AP6210. Since there will be at least 2 versions: one with 8GB flash, and 16GB flash, it could be the 16GB flash will feature a dual band Wi-Fi module such as AP6330. We can also notice from the specs that RK3288 will likely consume a bit more power, as the selected power adapter can output up to 12.5W vs 10W for the original MK902.
The company did not disclose pricing nor availability information, except it will be possible to pre-order soon…
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|