There are few AllWinner A31 powered HDMI TV sticks on the market such as CS868 and Measy U4K, but Q900 is the first I come across with AllWinner A31s, the low cost version of AllWinner A31, with a lower LCD screen resolution capability, which is not used in this type of device… The dongle appears to be also called AirplayCast to boast Airplay and Miracast support, which is now available on most Android TV dongles…
- SoC – Allwinner A31s quad core ARM CortexA7 @ 1.0GHz with PowerVR SGX544MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 (up to 1080p)
- Connectivity – Dual band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host, 1x micro USB OTG, 1x micro USB for power
- Misc – Recovery Key ?
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
The device runs Android 4.2.2, and comes with a short HDMI cable, a 5V/2A power adapter, and a user’s manual in English and Chinese. It should also run XBMC 13 fine as AllWinner A31(s) is one of the supported SoC for hardware video decoding.
SUPA CHARGEDiOS got hold of a sample (Cozyswan QT900) a couple of months ago, and shot an unboxing video, as well as a quick test of Airplay mirroring with an iPad @ 5:16.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.