I’ve already featured sub-$100 Xilinx Spartan 6 boards in this blog such as The Mojo and Arduissimo. There’s now another with Scarab Hardware‘s miniSpartan6+ which also includes an HDMI port, and is currently available for $69 on Kickstarter. This board could be used as a logic analyzer, a multimedia player, a game console emulator, an Arduino emulator, a stereo vision camera, and more.
- FPGA- Xilinx Spartan6 LX9
- System Memory – 32 MB SDRAM
- Storage – 64Mbit SPI Flash + micro SD card
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio Output – Stereo audio output jack using 1-bit sigma-delta DAC
- USB – Micro USB OTG port
- Debugging – On-board USB JTAG programmer
- I/Os via breadboard friendly through holes
- 8-channel ADC running at 1 MSPS with 8 bit resolution.
- 24 Digital I/O pins.
- Misc – 8 LEDs.
- Dimensions – 4.57 x 7.62 cm
As mentioned in the introduction, a $69 pledge should get you one miniSpartan6+ board, delivered to your door in September 2014. Shipping is free to the US, and $10 to the rest of the world. Other pledges are also available if you want your board earlier, or want more than one.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.