Yesterday I wrote about MINIX NEO X6 featuring Amlogic S805 quad core Cortex A5 processor with HEVC hardware decoding. MINIX device is expected to sell later this month for around $120, but I’ve been informed there’s another model called TV110 with similar hardware specifications, but selling for around $60 or even lower on sites like GeekBuying and Aliexpress. I’ve seen one of the seller offering $10 coupon, so it might even be possible to get it for $50.
- SoC – Amlogic S805 quad core ARM Cortex A5 @ 1.5GHz with quad core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1 GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 GB NAND flash + micro SD slot
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4, AV output
- Audio Output – HDMI 1.4, 3.5mm stereo audio jack
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – IR sensor
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – N/A
The box runs Android 4.4, and comes with an IR remote control, AV and HDMI cables, a 5V/2A power adapter, and a user’s manual in English. Compared to a device like MINIX NEO X6, you’ll lose the micro USB OTG port, the box probably uses NAND flash instead of eMMC, but you’ll gain AV output so this media player can also be connected to older TVs. It’s also not clear whether it can support HDMI CEC, and support (firmware update / community) will probably be limited.