Amlogic S805 is a cost down version of the popular Amlogic S802. It features four Cortex A5 cores, and quad core Mali450-MP GPU, only support 1080p resolution (no 4K), but adds hardware decoding for HEVC / H.265 at 1080p resolution, which is not possible with his big brother. In theory, I should also support Gigabit Ethernet, but none of the upcoming media players support it, allegedly because it’s not working yet… After products by the likes of Ugoos, Eny Technology. and Geniatech, it’s time for MINIX to announce their own S805 mini PC with the NEO X6.
- SoC – Amlogic S805 quad core ARM Cortex A5 @ 1.5GHz with quad core Mali-450MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 1 GB DDR3L
- Storage – 8 GB eMMC + micro SD slot
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz) with external antenna, Bluetooth 4.0
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 with HDMI-CEC support
- Audio Output – HDMI 1.4, 3.5mm stereo audio jack
- Video Containers – DAT, MPEG, MPE, MPG, TS, TP, VOB, ISO, AVI, MP4, MPV, 3GP, FLV, MKV, M2TS, MTS, M4V, WMV, ASF, RM/RMVB (720p only)
- Audio Formats – MP2, MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, OGA, FLAC, ALC, APE, AAC, M4A
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 port + micro USB OTG port
- Misc – IR sensor
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
MINIX interestingly always selects the same enclosure for all their products, probably because customers complained when they tried something different last year, and most people want a discrete enclosure, with a product that does the job. The device will run Android 4.4 Kitkat with XBMC MINIX Edition, and come with an infrared remote control.
AndroidPC.es reports the box should be available on September 22, for around $119. I could not find much more information, except it’s sold on a UK based website (Fuketo) for 79.99 GBP ($130) including shipping.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|