In the last few months, we’ve seen a few Amlogic S802 powered Android media players such as Tronsmart Vega S89, SZTomato/Eny M8, and MINIX NEO X8(-H), which have the fastest Cortex A9 processor on the market with a relatively powerful octa core Mali-450MP6 GPU, as well as 4K decoding and output capabilities. But if you’d like something a little more affordable, don’t care about 4K, and would do with a quad core SoC that’s not quite as powerful, but more power efficient, and still supports HEVC, you may consider one of the upcoming devices based on Amlogic S805. Eny Technology is one of the first company to announce an S805 media player with their EM6Q-MXQ. You can check S802 / S805 / S812 comparison for details.
The enclosure and remote control both look pretty familiar, and the hardware specifications are quite similar to GBox Midnight MX2, except for the Amlogic S805 SoC:
- SoC – Amlogic S805 quad core Cortex-A5 @ 1.5GHz with quad core Mali-450MP2 GPU @600MHz
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND FLASH + SD/MMC card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4b with CEC support, and AV
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and coaxial S/PDIF
- Video Codecs – MPEG1/2/4,H.265, HD AVC/VC-1,RM/RMVB, Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6, RealVideo8/9/10
- Video Container Formats – AVI, RM/RMVB, TS, VOB, MKV, MOV, ISO, WMV, ASF, FLV, DAT, MPG/MPEG
- Audio Formats – MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, OGG, AC3, DDP, TrueHD, DTD, DTS HD, FLAC, APE
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, Wi-Fi
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports (including one USB OTG port?)
- Misc – Power LED (ON :blue; Standby :Red),
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
EM6Q will run Android 4.4, and by default, comes with an IR remote control, a power adapter, an HDMI cable, and a user’s manual in English and Chinese. You may have noticed that S805 support Gigabit Ethernet, but I’ve been confirmed this board only supports 10/100M.
I’ve been informed that the company will start taking order (wholesale) this week, and production will take place later this month, with delivery to their customers scheduled by the end of the July, so I’m assuming individuals may be able to start buying S805 Android media player in August. I could not get pricing information at this stage. Further details may be found on Enybox EM6Q-MXQ product page. Firmware downloads should eventually be found here.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|