Kaiboer Q8 may look like an alarm clock radio, but it’s definitely an upcoming Android media player powered by Mstar 9810 SoC with 2GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, and an internal 2.5″ SATA bay. The company had previously launched three MSO9810 Android STBs, two of which did not support hard drives, and one with a 3.5″ SATA bay, so this new product fills the void for 2.5″ hard drives.
- SoC – Mstar MSO9180D1R Quad core ARM Cortex A9 @ 1.5GHz with a quad-core ARM Mali-450MP GPU.
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16 GB eMMC + microSD card slot + internal SATA bay for 2.5″ drives
- Video I/O – HDMI in, HDMI out (All models)
- Audio I/O – HDMI in/out, optical S/PDIF
- Video Codecs – Up to 4K. MPEG-1/2, MPEG-4, DivX, H.264, H.265 VC-1, H.263, Real Media, MVC, etc…
- Audio Formats – MPEG, WMA, WAV, APE, OGG, FLAC, ACC, Dolby Digital, DTS…
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB3.0 port
- Front panel – LED display wit 5 digits and various icons
- Misc – Power and back buttons, and D-Pad on device, with another power button on the rear panel.
- Power Supply – N/A
- Dimensions – N/A
There’s no word about pricing nor availability at this stage, but you can find more information on Kaiboer Q8 product page (in Chinese).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
9 Replies to “Kaiboer Q8 Android Media Player Features USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, and a 2.5″ SATA Bay”
Looks like Mstar 9810 SoC should be supported by XBMC on Android
Well at least H.264 and MPEG-2 should be supported in latest Kodi
so is this using amlogic chipset never herd of mstar before
The solution for the 2.5 hard drive is simple brilliant !
And it even has a decent power button 😉
If it also has a RTC clock, battery support and runs Linux this could be my next desktop PC 🙂 🙂
Mstar is a separate company, recently bought by Mediatek.
Mstar is the manufactuerer of the SoC chip and it is a competitor of Amlogic.
Just like Rockchip is a competitor of Amlogic.
Maybe it is easier to compare just how Intel and AMD are competitors.
are they a serous competitor to Amlogic. i never herd of then before all i here is aml and rockchip
really a good idea to insert a display the box looks less stupid
why not a graphic display there are very small one now