Banana Pi, and the recently announced Banana Pro, are Android & Linux development boards based on Allwinner A20, with a form factor similar to Raspberry Pi Model B and B+ boards respectively. A new revision of the board is now available with Banana Pi M2 powered by Allwinner A31s quad core processor, and in a form factor similar to R-Pi B+.
- SoC – Allwinner A31s quad core Cortex A7 @ 1.0 GHz with PowerVR SGX544MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – Micro SD slot up to 64GB
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000 Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (Realtek)
- Video Output – HDMI, CVBS, and LVDS/RGB header
- Audio Output – HDMI and 3.5mm stereo jack
- Camera – CSI connector
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports + micro USB port (power only)
- Debugging – UART pins for serial console
- Expansion Header – 40-pin R-Pi “somewhat” compatible header with 2×13 UART, I2C bus, SPI bus, CAN bus, ADC, PWM, 3.3V, 5V, ground
- Misc – IR Receiver, power, reboot and reset buttons.
- Power Supply – 5V in via MicroUSB (DC in only)
- Dimensions – 92x60mm (R-Pi B+: 85×56 mm)
- Weight – 48 grams
- Temperature Range – -15 to 75 C
Albeit similar, components placement and board dimensions are not exactly the same as on the Raspberry Pi B+, as are mounting holes, so it may not be compatible with Hats expansion boards, and other R-Pi accessories. The board will run Android 4.2, Firefox OS, and Linux distributions, but there isn’t any information yet on bananapi.com, and I got details from G+.
Banana Pi M2 is not yet listed on SinoVoiP Aliexpress store, but one European retailer will set it for 99 Euros excluding VAT (currently out of stock). [ Update: retail price has not been confirmed yet. but volume price should be $50 per unit]
@embeddedcompute @cnxsoft Dear sir, the M2 is about 50$ /pcs, the batch production will come out soon, i will keep you update 🙂
— Sinovoip CherryJiang (@CherryJiang2) December 5, 2014
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|