Most mini PCs powered by Intel Atom Z3735F “Bay Trail-T” processor on the market only come with 16 to 32GB internal storage, and based on my experience with MeLE PCG03, even 32GB eMMC can fill up pretty quickly on a Windows 8.1 machine. Now there’s an option with 64GB storage thanks to Voyo Mini PC.
- SoC – Intel Atom Z3735F “Bay Trail” quad core processor @ 1.33 GHz (Bust freq: 1.83 GHz) with Intel HD graphics
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3
- Storage – 64 GB eMMC + SD card slot (up to 128 GB)
- Video Output – mini HDMI 1.4 (Does not support 4K video)
- Audio Output – mini HDMI, and 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host, 1x micro USB for power
- Misc – Power Button, power LED
- Battery –
10,000 mAh battery1,000 mAh battery (Source: minimachines)
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 126 x 126 x 12 mm
- Weight – 140 grams
The package include the mini PC, a power adapter, and a user’s manual. That means you’ll need to purchase a mini HDMI cable to use the device, if you don’t have one already. Specifications claim support for 4K video output via HDMI, but they probably mean 4K video decoding (up to 30fps) and output to 1080p. The device is very light, so it’s likely there’s not much for cooling, and playing high framerate / bitrate videos may lead to throttling in Kodi. Ubuntu + Kodi is said to better handle these videos, but HDMI audio is not working yet. The computer is pre-loaded with Windows 8.1 with Bing, but the included license – if any – is not specifically listed.
You can get the device for $113.99 on GeekBuying with coupon DYYLAVEJ, so the price is quite attractive considering the larger flash, and the battery. Other shipping options include GearBest for $157.22, and Aliexpress for $130 and up. [Update: It’s also on Newegg for $170.00, so I’d assume that one has a proper Windows 8.1 license]
Thanks to dhead666 for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.