Mixtile LOFT-Q and LOFT Kit were unveiled nearly a year ago, the first being a development board based on Allwinner A31 processor with 2GB RAM, 16GB RAM, SATA connector, Gigabit Ethernet, etc.., while the second is a kit with an enclosure and power supply. The kit does not appear to be available yet, but the board has recently been listed on SeeedStudio for $90.
Mixtile LOFT-Q specifications:
- SoC – Allwinner A31 quad core ARM Cortex-A7 processor with PowerVR SGX544 MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC, SATA III connector for 2.5″ drives, and SD card Slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 up to 1080p60
- Video Decoding – H.264 4Kx2K video decoding, multi-format FHD video decoding, including Mpeg1/2, Mpeg4 SP/ASP GMC, H.263, H.264,etc
- Audio I/O – HDMI, 1 S/PDIF, high definition microphone
- Camera I/F
- Integrated Parallel & MIPI I/F sensor
- Integrated powerful ISP, supporting Raw Data CMOS sensor
- Supports 5M/8M/12M CMOS sensor
- Supports 8/10/12-bit YUV/Bayer sensor
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000M Ethernet, dual band WiFi 802.11 a/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6234), and Zigbee (NXP JNS168)
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host post
- Debugging – UART debug connector, JTAG connector
- Expansion header – 180-pin header with access to I2C, SPI, LCD, MIPI DSI, RGB/LVDS, CSI, MIPI CSI, ADC, CTP, RTP, SPDIF-OUT, SPDIF-IN, GPIO, etc…
- Sensor – Acceleration sensor, IR receiver
- Misc- Battery slot for RTC
- Power – 12V/4A (48W)
- Dimensions – N/A
You won’t find many details on Mixtile Hardare page, but there’s some recently updated documentation and software on Mixtile github account, with various repositories for documentation with a getting started guide, linux and u-boot source code, development tools, and BSPs for Android 4.4.2, Ubuntu Touch, and OpenWRT. What I failed to find however is a clear graphical description of the board and connectors.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|