Intel NUC (Next of Computing) are tiny and relatively low cost computers made by Intel. But in case you wondered if there were any clones available to save a few extra dollars, and/or gain a faster processor, a Chinese company is now selling Mr.NUC V3-J1900 barebone system with an Intel Celeron J1900 quad core processor for $169 + shipping, which adds over $40 since the mini PC only ships by courier. If you happen to live in the US, it’s probably not such as good deal, but in other countries maybe…
- SoC – Intel Celeron J1900 Quad core processor @ 2.0 GHz (base) / 2.41 GHz (Burst) with Intel Gen 7 HD graphics (10W TDP)
- System Memory – DDR3L 1333/1666 MHz SO-DIMM slot
- Storage – 2.5″ SATA hard drive or SSD
- Video Output – HDMI + VGA
- Audio – HDMI, 3.5 mm jack for headphone or S/PDIF?
- Connectivity – Realtek RTL8111 Gigabit Ethernet, optional Wi-Fi via mPCIe module
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB 3.0 port.
- Misc – Power button, power LED, Kensington lock
- Power Supply – TBD
- Dimensions – 113 x 115 x 5.7 mm
- Weight – 700 grams
You can also check out the manufacturer’s page. which also claims support for an extra mSATA SSD just line in an Intel NUC.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.