KEECOO is yet another full HD action camera with Wi-Fi connectivity that provides most of GoPro functionalities, and while it normally sells for about $90 to $95 on sites like GeekBuying or GearBest, Focalprice is currently offering a steep discount by selling it
for just $49.99 for a limited time period (1 day remaining). It looks like they changed their mind, and it’s now $79.99…
- SoC – Alpha Imaging Technology AIT8427 32-bit processor @ 500 MHz
- Storage – micro SD slot up to 32GB – Class 6 or above recommended
- LCD screen – Tiny grayscale LCD display on the front
- 12MP CMOS
- 170° wide angle lens;
- LENS F2.8 , f=4.93mm, M12, 7G+1IR
- Image resolutions: 4000×3000(12M) 2592×1944(5M) 2048×1536(3M) 1600×1200(2M); JPEG format
- Video resolutions: 1080p30fps, 720p60/30; H.264 video codec, AAC audio codec, MOV container.
- Video Output – mini HDMI and AV out (PAL / NTSC)
- Audio – Built-in microphone and speaker
- Connectivity – Built-in WiFi controlled by WiFi APP in smart phone (iOS and Android)
- USB – 1x non-standard? USB port for charging and transfer media files to PC
- IP Rating – N/A; Waterproof up to 30m (with enclosure)
- Misc – Power button, recording/mode button
- Battery – 1,050mAh Li-ion Battery (rechargeable and replaceable); Good for 2h30 on a charge
- Dimension – 59 x 41.5 x 21.4 mm
- Weight – 75g
The camera has been reviewed by PC Advisor which concludes with:
At a little over £60, the Keecoo WiFi Sports Camera is good value. It may not quite have the image quality of the latest GoPro, but it has Wi-Fi, supports FPV and has a long-lasting battery. It’s just a shame it doesn’t have a standard microUSB port and better quality audio.
Thanks to Onebir for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.