We’ve learned that Amlogic was working on S905 and S912 64-bit ARM processors a little while ago, and one of the first product to market featuring Amlogic S905 processor could be Acemax G9C.
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz with penta-vore Mali-450MP GPU up to 750MHz+
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND flash (Bigger Memory Optional) + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0, AV
- Video Codecs – 1080p/4k2k H.264, H.265, HD AVC/VC-1, HD MPEG1/2/4, RM/RMVB, Xvid/DivX 3/4/5/6, RealVideo 8/9/10
- Audio – HDMI, AV, coaxial S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, Wi-Fi @ 2.4GHz
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Power Supply – DC 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 125 x 120 x 20 mm
The box is said to run Android 5.0.
That’s about all we know about the box right now, as availability and pricing are not available, but since Amlogic S905’s mass production was scheduled in Q2 2015, it should not be that far away, even though S905 Android TV boxes are yet to be listed on Alibaba or Aliexpress.
Thanks to Harley for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.