Rikomagic MK36S is one of the latest mini PCs featuring Intel Atom x5-Z8300 processor combined with 2GB RAM and 32GB eMMC flash, and is basically a processor upgrade to the company’s MK36 mini PC based on Intel Atom Z3736F processor.
- SoC – Intel Atom x5-Z8300 “Cherry Trail” quad core processor @ 1.44 GHz (Burst/Turbo frequency: 1.84 GHz) with Intel Gen8 HD graphics @ 500 MHz
- System Memory – 2 GB RAM
- Storage – 32 GB eMMC + micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio I/O – HDMI, 3.5mm microphone jack
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB 3.0 port
- Misc – Power button, LED on top of device
- Power Supply – 12V/2A
- Dimensions & Weight – N/A
The device will come pre-installed with Windows 10, and the specifications a very similar to Tronsmart Ara X5 mini PC. A review showed that although the CPU would bring limited performance improvement, the GPU could be about twice as fast as a “Bay Trail-T” processor. All these Intel based mini PCs are pretty similar, and since nobody is going to change the closed source firmware (Windows 10), the most important differences are the thermal design, and internal storage performance.
Rikomagic MK36S should become available in November, with pricing undisclosed so far, and in due time, the mini PC should show up on Rikomagic Aliexpress store.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|