Ugoos has been working on four new TV box models for the end of year, and one of them is Ugoos UT3+, an Android 4.4 TV box powered by Rockchip RK3288 processor that includes an HDMI input. While it’s not the first RK3288 mini PC with an HDMI input, AFAIC it is the first that supports both picture-in-picture (PiP), and video recording function (DVR), which are also supported by Zidoo X9, but with an Mstar processor.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3288 quad core Cortex A17 @ 1.8 GHz with ARM Mali-T764 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 (1GB optional)
- Storage – 16GB NAND Flash (Options: 8, 32 or 64GB) + micro SD slot up to 32 GB
- Connectivity – 100/1000M Ethernet, dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz) and 802.11ac with external Wi-Fi antenna
- Video I/F
- Output – HDMI 1..4 output up to 4k2k @ 30 fps
- Input – HDMI input up to 1080p60
- Audio I/F – HDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack, and optical S/PDIF
- USB – 3x USB host ports
- Power Supply – 5V/3A via DC jack
- Dimensions – N/A
- Temperature Range – Operating: -10~40℃, Storage: -20~50℃
- Humidity – 5%-90%, No condensation
While the box is said to be running Android 4.4 right now, Ugoos has recently released a new beta version of Android 5.1 for their RK3288 products, so it’s likely UT3+ will also get an update. The company has been working on this project for a little while, and back in July they shot a video showcasing PiP and DVR functions.
The product appears to be available right now to resellers, but it’s nowhere to be seen on e-retailers, and price is unknown. A few more details may be found on Ugoos UT3+ product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|