Segger, a company specializing in embedded software and hardware debugging tools, has recently launched Segger emPower, an evaluation board powered by Freescale Kinetis K66 Cortex M-4 MCU and including a J-LInk OB debug probe (JTAG/SWD), specially designed to evaluate the company’s embOS real-time operating system.
- MCU – Freescale Kinetis K66 (MK66FN2M0VMD18) ARM Cortex M4F MCU @ 180MHz with with 256KB SRAM and 2MB flash memory
- Storage – 1Gbit NAND Flash + micro SD card connector
- Display I/F – 20-pin display adapter connector (5 V/3.3 V, SPI, PWM for backlight control) for small TFT displays
- Connectivity – Fast Ethernet
- USB – 1x USB device, 1x USB host (Full speed)
- On-board debug probe J-Link-OB with drag & drop (STM32F072, mini A/B-type connector); SWD/SWO only, no CDC/VCOM port support
- External debug interface (19-pin Cortex-M) including trace
- 3x Sensor Expansion Interface Devices (SExI) headers providing I2C, SPI buses, UART, GPIO/timer, analog input, power (3.3V I/Os)
- 2×5-pin headers for spare MCU signals
- Misc – Joystick 4(+1)-way, 1x “FIRE” button, 1x RESET button, rotary input (potentiometer to ADC), 4x bicolor LEDs
- Power Supply – 5V via USB host port
- Dimensions – 99 mm x 80 mm
The board is pre-loaded with SEGGER’s embOS real-time operating system, and evaluation versions of emFile file systems, emWin graphics library , as well as emUSB Host & Device stack, and TCP/IP stack embOS/IP are also included.
Some of embOS features include:
- Zero interrupt latency time.
- High resolution time measurement (more accurate than tick).
- Power management: Unused CPU time can automatically be spent in halt mode, minimizing power consumption.
- Full interrupt support: Most API functions can be used from within the Interrupt Service Routines (ISRs).
- Automatic resolution of priority inversion.
- Unlimited priorities: Every task can have an individual priority => the response of tasks can be precisely defined according to the requirements of the application.
- Unlimited number of tasks, event flags,semaphores, message queues, mailboxes and software timers.
- Time resolution tick can be freely selected (default is 1ms).
- Nested interrupts are permitted.
- High precision per task profiling. Real time kernel viewer (embOSView) included.
- Debug build performs runtime checks, simplifying development.
- Support for ARM, ColdFire, AVR, Reneasas H8/M16/M32, PIC32, etc…
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|