Probox2 Z is yet another of these Amlogic S905 TV boxes with 8GB flash and 1GB RAM, but last year when I reviewed Probox2 EX, I was very pleased with the device, except for gaming due to throttling issues, so it might be worth having look at their new model. I also tested Remote+ air controller last year, which includes air mouse, voice search, and gamepad functions into a single remote, and it’s optionally included with Probox2 Z.
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750 MHz
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 with HDMI CEC support
- Audio – HDMI, optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – Power button, IR receiver
- Power Supply – DC 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 110 x 110 x 17.5 mm
- Weight – 185 grams
The hardware specifications look very similar to the ones for Beelink MINI MX with the sames interfaces and dimensions. PROBOX2 Z is running Android 5.1 with the same PROBOX2 launcher as found in Probox2 EX.
Probox2 Z is available for pre-order for $66.50 on W2Comp, and the bundle with Remote+ goes for $90.25.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.