So far most of the Android receiver with digital TV tuners I covered on CNX Software are based on Amlogic processor, with a few exceptions such as Infomir MAG277 based on STMicro STiH301 processor. There’s now another choice with U4 Quad Hybrid, an Android 4.4 TV box powered by Hisilicon Hi3796M quad core Cortex A7 processor that supports DVB-S2, DVB-T2/C, and ATSC tuners.
U4 Quad Hybrid specifications:
- SoC – Hisilicon Hi3796M quad core Cortex A7 processor with a Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3-1600 MHz
- Storage – 8GB internal storage and micro SD slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4a up to 4K @ 30Hz + AV port (CBVS)
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV and coaxial S/PDIF (optical S/PDIF available as an option)
- Video Decoding – Up to 4K @ 30 fps for H.265, H.264, MPEG-4, AVS, VC-1, VP6/8, etc.. Full HD 3D video (MVC) and blu-ray navigation supported
- Tuners (one or the other)
- DVB-S2 – Hi3136 demodulator; freq range: 950 to 2,150 MHz; symbol rate: DVB-S: 1~55 Mbps; DVB-S2: 1~44 Mbps; Input level: -65 to -25 dBm
- DVB-T2/T/C – AVL6762 demodulator; freq range: 43 to 1,002 MHz; bandwidth: 6/7/8/1.7 MHz; signal level: -80 to -25 dBm
- ATSC – LG 3306A demodulator; freq rage: 52 to 860 MHz; mode: 8/16 VSB | IT-T J83 Annex B; input level: -86 dBm to +10 dBm
- ANT IN and LNB IN connectors
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, built-in WiFi
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 host port, 1x USB 2.0 host port
- Misc – 2x LED, IR/LED connector (looks like mini USB)
- Power Supply – 12V/1.5A
- Dimensions – 135 x 135 x 33 mm
- Weight – 900 grams?
Shenzhen Vivant Technology, the manufacturer, is selling the set-top box on Aliexpress for $119.99 including shipping by DHL [Update: Another link has it for $106.69 by China Post]. Accessories are not listed on the product page, but I should receive a sample, so I’ll check this out soon…
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.